Today, now that it's nearly 90 degrees I've decided to dig up half our lawn for the purposes of "landscaping." Let me tell you, it's hard work! I've dug up all the sod from that border over to that landscaping timber. Doesn't look like much, but it is!
In my attempts at recycling, I'm using the reclaimed brick and stone steps from the now-gone St. Vincent Cathedral. I don't know if I ever blogged about Ty's trip in the night to score treasures from that demo. He first asked permission to which the crew replied, "no, it's all going in a dump." Tyler took that as a yes, so as soon as nightfall hit, he loaded up his trailer with bricks, old windows, and stone steps. It's very cool stuff. They're a little behind here in regards to the whole "green movement"... C'mon, antique bricks in a landfill?! Well, it's good for us I guess.
Here's my pile of sod. I still have to dispose of it.
And another pile. See I told you it was a lot!
I really want to plant some kind of evergreen in this corner to give the chickens some winter camouflage. Then I'd like to line it with flowers spilling over the edge. It sounds great in my mind...
The chicken dance. Zoom in to see Tweeter's leg action.
Hot chicken.
Ok, the sweat is starting to make me cold which is my sign to go back to work!
4 comments:
Love your work ethic!! Tyler's, too! Way to score at the demo! You're gonna price that home right out of your neighborhood. Love the way Tweeter struts her stuff!!! She's got style. Must get that from you. Or is it the other way around?
Digging up sod is some serious work, way to go! You must have perfectly sculpted strong arms. I love your ideas of what to planting, I love spilling flowers!
Looks like it's gonna be fantastic. That demo score sounds awesome!
When did they tear it down? Glad you were able to save some of the history.
Post a Comment