Saturday, June 26, 2010

Train Shoot

Last night we doubled with our new friends, the Allens. Our original plan was to head down south to photograph (Jeffrey is a major photography guy and I thought I could learn something him) this caboose I saw on some train tracks. So after we ate Mexican food, grabbed all manner of foreign treats at George's International Market and the Asian food store we toured our town's lovely south side and headed to the tracks. Unfortch, the caboose I wanted to shoot was gone. Major bummer because how many times do you see an actual caboose hooked up on the tracks? But we still had a super fun time and got some cool pictures. In addition, we scored (stole?) all sorts of discarded train parts for Will's room... So here's my top pics.

I'm sure to people who actually know what they're doing these are nothing special, but as a total beginner, I know that just getting out there is the best way to get better. It's my best for now. Someday...



My attempt at panning.



Photo crew.
You'd never know from this shot that Mary Irene is pregnant.
She's unfairly cute.
My favorite shot of the night.

Thanks Jeff for sharing your knowledge with me--it's a great help.
I had a total fun time, and hope we can go out again!
Thanks guys!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

What's the train equivalent to National Geographic?? Here you come!! Love that last shot, too!

Unknown said...

Sorry the caboose was gone. You got some really good shots. I'm excited to see what's in store for Will's room.

Carrie said...

Awesome pics! What a great idea.

Paige said...

Those are cute pics!

Anonymous said...

great pictures! the low point of view is cool on the first ones - and i reeeaaally like the coupling one. it's like you're sneaking in behind some other parts to steal a glimpse of it.