Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In Bloom

I'm having a lot of fun with my camera and all the beautiful flowers blooming right now. I'm just amazed at how beautiful things can get here. Winter wasn't long enough ago for me to not appreciate the colors, the warmth. I made a haphazard bouquet of blooms from the yard and every time I walk by I get happy giddy feelings!

This rosebush is called 'Queen Elizabeth.' I bought it from walmart 3 years ago and it has NEVER bloomed. Apparently they are notorious for lots of growth and iffy blossoms. We made all sorts of jokes about executing the queen, the queen must die etc etc etc and she must have heard, because this year she bloomed! And holy cow isn't she beautiful?! I'm so glad there wasn't a peasant uprising. I have to stop multiple times a day to admire her beauty and scent. I won't find it weird if you need to drive by and look at it too. I'll understand.
I also happen to find that little boy pretty cute too.


And lastly, one more teacher gift: Maddie didn't want a bag for her teacher, so I made these. It's a sneak peak at my forthcoming business venture. The one I keep saying I'll do once I get my other projects done... hahaha!


5 comments:

Nancy said...

God is such a fantastic decorator! To think He gave us flowers just for their beauty. Gorgeous!! I hope it will all be in bloom still when I come up there in June! Will sets off the lovely scene perfectly in the "male squat."

Nancy said...

Oh, darling bobby pins!!!!

Carrie said...

Awesome, you are so talented you never cease to amaze me.

Abbey said...

Love the flowers. Still waiting on our peonies.

Love the bobby pins! Can't wait to be a customer!

Unknown said...

beautiful flowers :)